Do you qualify for VAT exemption?
Most of the products on our website are able to be purchased with zero rate VAT (no VAT Added).
This can be achieved when the person who is using the products meets the eligibility requirements identified below.
Qualifying for Zero Rate VAT
To qualify for zero rate VAT the person the product is being purchased for does not need to be registered disabled, however they must have a prolonged disabling illness or condition.
Let us help
All products on our website are sold + VAT. VAT is applied at the checkout for normal web orders.
If you qualify for VAT exemption, please get in touch and we will be able to assist. All that is required to claim VAT at zero rate is completion of a form to allow us to remove VAT from your purchases.
This process is quick and simple, and we will be more than happy to assist.
We are always happy to assist with any queries you may have.
If there is anything we can do to assist, please call us on 01623 559 966 alternatively email us on email@example.com
The following is taken from customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/ and is intended form Pharmacy Medical reference use only.
Goods eligible for zero-rating
Medical and surgical appliances –
Medical or surgical appliances that are designed solely for the relief of a severe abnormality or a severe injury. A severe abnormality or a severe injury are exampled as amputation, rheumatoid or severe osteo-arthritis, severe disfigurement, congenital deformities, organic nervous diseases, learning disabilities and blindness.
Electrically or mechanically adjustable beds, chair or stair lifts, hoists and lifters, sanitary devices –
- Any electrically or mechanically adjustable bed that has been designed for invalids. The bed must clearly stand out as being something specialised for the use of invalids for it to qualify. As well as the bed being electrically or mechanically adjustable, it must have features that distinguish it specifically from a traditional or standard bed.
- Stair or chair lift that has been designed for use in conjunction with a wheelchair.
- Hoists or lifting device that is designed for use by invalids.
- Commode stools, commode chairs or devices with a warm air drier and bidet jet incorporated, frames or other devices to help sitting on or rising from a sanitary appliance.
Other equipment and appliances “designed solely” for use by a disabled person –
- Any other equipment and appliances that have been designed solely for use by disabled people.