Showing all 1 result
Refrigerated Controlled Drugs Cabinets
Controlled Drugs Cabinets with CRT Room Temperature Control
Here at Pharmacy Medical, we are proud to present, in conjunction with QED Scientific, the first fully compliant refrigerated controlled drugs cabinets.
Like any medicine, controlled drugs can start to degrade if they are stored at temperatures above or below the range specified by the manufacturer. Controlled Drugs usually have a specified storage temperature of ‘between 15°C and 25°C’ or ‘below 25°C’.
The only way to do this is to use a temperature controlled cabinet. The cabinets you see here incorporate CRT temperature control and fully compliant controlled drugs cabinets.
Gone are the days of incorrectly fitting a CD cabinet into a conventional fridge. This past approach was filled with issues, namely correctly securing the CD cabinet to the wall and legislation regarding the keys. Furthermore, merely placing a conventional CD cabinet into a fridge did not create the correct airflow for efficient cooling of the contents. The cabinets you see on this page solve all those problems.
CRT Controlled Drugs Cabinets Specification:
- 2.0mm thick mild steel, fully welded construction.
- Full length piano hinge with welded hinge pins.
- Anti jimmy return preventing removal of door even if the hinge is removed.
- Hygienic and tough white powder coated finish.
- Adjustable shelving on select models.
- In Stock for next day dispatch, please see our delivery information for more.
- Bespoke manufacturing option available.
- Misuse of Drugs (Safe Custody) Regulations 1973 compliant.
- BS2881: 1989 (Security Level One) Specification for Cupboards for the Storage of Medicines in Health Care Premises
- BS3621 anti-pick & drill, key retaining five pin cylinder lock (supplied with 3 keys)
- Compatible with Abloy CLIQ Remote.
The electronic control system will maintain the storage temperature well within the 15°C to 25°C range even if the ambient temperature is outside this range.
- Stability: Typically ±2°C
- Ambient: 10°C to 35°C
- Control Range: 15°C to 25°C
These cabinets are manufactured in Great Britain. Although the range we present below may be limited, we can almost make any of our stock cabinets into a refrigerated CRT version. Please contact us to discuss.
Please note all of these cabinets are made to order in conjunction with QED Scientific and will be subject to approx 4 weeks lead times.