CDC204 Controlled Drugs Cabinet
Please note: This cabinet consists of 2 cabinets, one sat on top of the other. It will be delivered on one pallet as two separate cabinets.
Pharmacy Medical manufactures the CDC204 Controlled Drugs cabinet in our own factory in the United Kingdom. The cabinet conforms to BS2881: 1989 (Security Level One). This is the specification for Cupboards for the Storage of Medicines in Health Care Premises. Furthermore, meets or surpasses the requirements of the “Misuse of Drugs (Safe Custody) Regulations 1973”. This is the requirement in the UK for the storage of controlled drugs.
Pharmacy Medical have designed this cabinet specifically to store Controlled Drugs. The cabinet is constructed from at least 1.5mm thick steel which provides additional security compared to our competitors.
All of Pharmacy Medical’s Controlled Drugs Cabinet prices include the necessary fixings and delivery to mainland UK. (Delivery can be made outside of Mainland UK for additional charge, please contact us to find out the cost)
The design of our controlled drugs cabinets also sets us apart from our competitors. We use piano hinges to hold the doors in place. As a result, we increase the access size into the cabinet. Most of all this enables you to make better use of the internal space. The piano hinge is also stronger than other hinging methods, adding further to the security level offered by our cabinets.
Our new design builds on our template of a quality product. The new and improved design has allowed for Pharmacy Medical to reduce the returns around the front of the cabinet further improving the opening aperture allowing for better than ever access into the cabinet itself.
Furthermore, we have for the first time ever, installed height adjustable door shelves on selected models, again improving the usability of our cabinets.
Fully compliant with the Misuse of Drugs (safe custody) act 1973 and BS2881:1989 Level 1.
The below are British Standards and legislation this controlled drug cabinet conforms to.
- The Misuse of Drugs (Safe Custody) Act 1973
- BS2881:1989 (Security Level One) Specification for Cupboards for the Storage of Medicines in Health Care Premises
- BS3621 anti-pick & drill, key retaining six pin cylinder lock (supplied with 3 keys)
Controlled Drugs Cabinet Specification:
- Constructed from 1.5mm thick cold reduced mild steel sheet.
- 3mm thick anchor plates at all fixing points.
- Fully welded construction.
- Anti-Jimmy folded return down full length of hinge side of door.
- A 1.5mm thick mild steel continuous hinge. Complete with 25mm joints and 4.5mm diameter hinge pin. Additionally, to prevent removal of the door the hinge pin is welded.
Controlled Drugs Cabinet Lock Cylinder Specification:
- Standard Cylinder
- 1 x 6 Pin Euro-profile cylinder lock incorporating Anti-pick, anti-drill, anti-bump and fire resistant features.
- Independently tested to meet BS: EN1303:2005
- Kitemark – KM532920
- TS007 1 Star Cylinder
- Key security grade 5
- Torque resistance of plug/cylinder relevant to attack resistance – 30 Nm
- Meets the MLA vulnerability test for cylinders
- Key Retention – The key cannot be removed when the door is open.
- Cylinder meets BS EN1303:2005 which is the latest security standard testing against all methods of attack. The lock holds Kitemark KM532920.
- The cylinder holds Secured by Design accreditation (TS007). This is the Police preferred specification.
Our standard cylinder is fully compliant with the regulations. As is the one in the option below. This cylinder option features a patented key design that can not be replicated by a conventional key cutter and needs the key card it is supplied with to be replicated at an approved dealer.
- Euro Profile Cylinder with Key Identity Card
- ABLOY NOVEL Cylinder
- Patented cylinder and key structure in the UK and Ireland which can not be easily replicated
- Patented feature is AWS, Anti-Wear- System. AWS is an arrangement in the cylinder and key, which minimizes the effect of wear to the cylinder operation
- Two-way operation of cylinder
- Strictly-controlled key duplication
- Reinforced plastic key bow with new design
- Replication of keys and key cutting is strictly controlled, as they can only be created with a related keycard at an authorized Abloy Centre.
Controlled Drugs Cabinet Mortise Deadlock Specification:
- Hardened steel mortise bolt with anti-saw facility incorporated in cabinet design.
- 14mm deadbolt throw.
Polyester powder coated in Ral 9003 (White) Gloss.
Electronic Locking on this Drugs Cabinet.
Here at Pharmacy Medical we are constantly developing our cabinets to ensure they are the best available on the market. We are proud to be able to incorporate the ABLOY® CLIQ locking system on to this cabinet. This is a cost option, please contact us to discuss.
You can read more on the Abloy CLIQ locking system by following this link.
Please note that we do not offer an installation service for this cabinet. However, installation is very simple, and we supply all of the relevant number of bolts required to install our cabinets. Installation should be done by a competent person using the fixing bolts supplied. You can read more about installation by following this link.